Monday, July 14, 2008

Kenny Chesney Concert

Yesterday we went to the Kenny Chesney Concert "Poets and Pirates Tour" at Turner Field. In the 7 years that I have been with my husband, this is the first time we have gone to a concert together!! I know, that is really saying something about our social life, or the lack thereof. Part of the reason is, we are cheap and concerts are quite expensive...We got these tickets for free from a customer of Legacy's who works for 94.9 The Bull. We had alot of fun and it was good to see my husband in that sort of element, singing and dancing and carefree. We saw some really good artist, i.e. Gary Allan, LeAnn Rimes, Sammy Hagar (could have done without, but Andy loved him), Brooks and Dunn, and of course Kenny Chesney. It was an all day affair, so my parents watched the little monster for us. So, it really was a stress free day! My brother Bryan and his wife Sarah also got tickets for free, so they were there with us, which was cool.

Since, this was a rare occasion for us, I insisted on a t-shirt and my husband gladly obliged. Now I have proof that I have been to a cool concert at least once in my life. :-)

The only mishap of the day, was "The Fall". I should preface this by saying that it rained quite a bit before we got there so there were alot of wet and slick spots on the ground. I was in a hurry on my way to the restroom (which, I frequented alot being 7 months pregnant) and lost my footing and face first. Luckily, I caught myself with my hands and knees before my belly hit the ground. It was quite embarrassing and even sad because no one even stopped to help me up. Oh well. I was just glad that I did not hurt myself or my baby.

Here are a couple of pics of our big day out.







1 comments:

Kerri said...

Ahem...you've been to another concert if I recall correctly!

And I sooooo wanted to go to that concert but it was on Sunday and I couldn't face my kids and explain that one. You just wait till you have to answer to "the monster"!