Friday, July 25, 2008

Every Tuesday night I have started baking something sweet for me and my fellow nurses to enjoy while working hard. :-) I have gotten alot of requests for recipes, so I am going to start posting them on my blog. Here is one that I made last week that was oh so yummy! Enjoy.


Oatmeal Fudge Bars Recipe

* 1 cup butter
* 2 cups brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1-2 teaspoons vanilla
* 2 1/2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (or old-fashioned)

Fudge

* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions

1.Grease a 9x13 baking pan; set aside.
2.In a large bowl cream butter and sugar; add eggs and vanilla.
3.In a small bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture. Mix in oats.
4. In a heavy saucepan, mix sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter; heat just until melted. Stir in vanilla and nuts if using.
5.Spread 2/3 of the oatmeal dough (will be stiff) into prepared baking pan. Spread with chocolate mixture. Drop remaining 1/3 of dough on top by spoonfuls.
6.Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely (if you cut them while they are still warm at all they will be gooey and fall apart), then cut into bars.

3 comments:

tiki_lady said...

Darn too bad you didn't have a picture. You could have posted it to the family recipe site. I always let my eyes judge first, if I will like it and then I read the ingredients. I love that you will be baking on a special day. I should plan it that way too. One day a week a different item. Like Mondays are breakfast days and Sundays are dinners, etc. I will definitely be looking for your Tuesday updates.
I like the new look of your blog. who made it?

Gabe & Hannah said...

Um...Yummo- should save some out for all your deserving church friends too! :) Maybe if you keep this up for the next 4 weeks or so your belly will actually get bigger.

Sarah said...

We have a new blog address... it's http://bryanandsarahcollins.blogspot.com