Monday, July 21, 2008

July 4th-Family Reunion

Every year on July 4th we go go to a family reunion (Mom's side of family) in south Georgia...this year was no exception, but it was a little different than previous years. The difference was I had my little tot (Ethan, of course) with me. Ethan had a rough time at the reunion, which in turn, meant Andy and I had a rough time. He could not go to sleep at night and could not take a nap during the day because of all the people around (75+ people in one cabin with 2 large areas to sleep)....this made for a very fussy child. Also, he wanted to be outside with all the other children the whole time, so my husband and I mainly socialized with each other and the rest of the children. Don't get me wrong, I love children, but I would have also liked to have a little more social interaction with adults that I have not seen in a year. So, we will have to see if we are brave enough to go again next year....hopefully it will be better. We have already decided that if we go, we will most definately stay in a hotel close by so that our children can at least sleep.

Here are some pics of the reunion. Not the best family portraits, but we tried.







Summertime Saturday Afternoons

Most Saturday's this summer Andy has set aside time to do yardwork (mow, edge, de-weed, etc). This has turned out to be a family affair. Ethan insists on being outside with Andy the whole time. This is probably Ethan's favorite time of the week. He loves to watch daddy mow the lawn and he will even help pick weeds. My job is to just watch the little squirt and make sure he is not getting in Andy's way...tyically, a very easy job! Here is a pic of Ethan intently watching dad mow.



Skinny Ankles!!!! Yippee!!!

I have to post this picture of my ankles because I am so excited to see them again...for the past couple of months my lower legs have been swelling, and I have not been able to see my ankle bones. Because of the swelling and varicose veins the Dr. recommended compression hose and they are working like a charm. I wear them to work and instead of coming home with fat ankles, they are smaller than when I left for work. Thank heavens for little favors.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Oh I can totally relate to the joys of skinny ankles during pregnancy! You don't really appreciate them until you have gotten so puffy that it's disgusting. :)

tiki_lady said...

so glad you all were able to make the reunion. Glad our family was represented!

gretchen said...

Hey girl, I am trying to catch up on all the blogging to see what's up. I didn't know you all went to the reunion. I am so glad you did although I remember like it was yesterday trying to juggle my toddler with all those family members. I remember coming home totally exhausted and so were my kids. glad you had fun!!!