Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Fun!

My little boy, Ethan, is quite the climber. Today he was climbing on his little tikes chairs and standing up on them and then wobbling back and forth. I saw him doing this and walked over to help hold his hands so I could steady him and prevent a fall. Unfortunately, I did not succeed and he went tumbling. This is not a big deal because he falls all the time, but now with his mouth full of teeth, these falls many times turn into bloody lips, or gums. So he starts pouring blood out of his mouth and I did not want to even look in his mouth, because I was scared of what I would find (broken tooth, loose tooth, etc). Luckily, he just bit his lip real bad and all his teeth were intact. But boy do mouths bleed ALOT and it seems like it takes forever to clot!! I tried to put a wash cloth in his mouth to catch the blood and apply pressure but Ethan was not having this. He was running around the house, dripping blood. I was praying he would not get blood on our new carpet, which luckily, he didn't. When the bleeding had practically stopped, Ethan walked over to me, took the washcloth out of my hand and held it to his mouth for quite awhile. It was soo cute but just a little late. I guess next time I should just give him the washcloth from the start.

1 comments:

tiki_lady said...

I so wish I knew about blogging years ago! when my kids were young and cute! We learned this with spencer and meds. It was horrible. He would throw fits, then we decided lets see if he would take it if we handed it to him. TAH DAH!! medicine was never an issue from that point on. Too bad we didn't learn that 2 years earlier. For 3 years it was a fight.