Thursday, February 21, 2008

Consignment Treasures and Bathtub Fun!

It's my favorite time of year again....Consignment Sale time!! I am trying to be a thrifty mom and this is one way I do it. Buy gently used toys, clothes, beds, etc for a fraction of retail price. (This is how I justify it to my husband.) My favorite buys this year were my double stroller and race car bed for Ethan. Also, I bought some really cute girl clothes....thinking maybe this baby is a girl. We will know in 5 weeks!

Here are some pics of my consignment deals.






To check consignment sales around your area go to www.thebargainwatcher.com

Now on to our Bathtime fun today....Ethan was playing in the tub and being really happy, just sitting down and playing with his toys (which he rarely does)....well when he started to stand up, little poop balls started coming from under him and soon we had a tub full of poopy and a previously clean Ethan. This is the first time Ethan has done this....I thought since I went 14 months with no poopy in the tub that I was just lucky and that Ethan could control his bowels in the water...Well, I was wrong. You just never know what to expect with children! After a good clorox scrub for the tub and a second bath, we are as good as new. :-)

6 comments:

Erika said...

I love consignment sales!! Good job on your buys! Oh, and your mom intuition tends to be right... I felt like Valery was a girl and she was. :) We are very familiar with poop in tubs... Hopefully this will be the only time you'll have to deal with that.

Anonymous said...

Cute little boys are worth it! Congrats on the second baby! It will be interesting to see which one of us delivers first!!

tiki_lady said...

JeNece, I had the same exact stroller for Kai and Aden when he was born. My stroller also came with a matching car seat head rest and 2 car base attachments so you could leave one in each car! I loved it. I think I just donated the carseat and headrest with the bases like last week. Or it is still in the car waiting for goodwill. our consignment stores have gotten really pricey. You pay top dollar for non name brand clothes and they are really worn. Goodwill has gotten to be the place where you can really score in my area.

THE FORSLOFF FAMILY said...

Hey guys it is Liz congrats on the second baby. We just had our second and it is really entertaining to see how the kids interact. The first part of pregnancy is no fun but it will soon be over. I am glad that you guys have a blog and we can keep up!!

Ane said...

Thanks for the link!! Your blog is so cute. Looks like you got great deals!!

V said...

I saw your blog through Erika's. Thank you for posting www.thebargainwatcher.com. Great idea! Thanks again!