Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Terrible Two's Already?? and Wedding Weekend.

Whoever said that the "Terrible" does not begin until two, never had a child. Ethan is 17 months old and has started the tantrums and fights for independence. His new favorite word is "no" to pretty much anything I ask him to do, except of course when I ask him if he wants to go outside...the answer is always "yeah". Sometimes I honestly don't know what to do with the child when he is throwing these tantrums. I have started putting him in a "time out" chair when he hits/kicks me which is multiple times a day. My saving grace is that he will still cuddle when he is tired and in-between tantrums he will show me how loving he still can be (by hugging/kissing).

In other news, my brother Bryan got married this weekend....It was a lovely ceremony outdoors (no rain thank goodness) and the reception was fun. Ethan had a hard time because he kept wanting Bryan to hold him and obviously that was not possible. Ethan did look darn cute though! I helped my mom with the Rehearsal dinner and that went very smoothly. We had Macaroni Grill cater, with Cheesecake Factory for dessert, (Thanks to Mimi)and my sister and I decorated with the decor she used at her wedding (trying to be thrifty). Ethan had a blast playing with all his cousins (Parker, Clayton, and Wesley) and was really pleasant at the rehearsal dinner. My only regret is that I did not charge my digital camera before the wedding and when I started trying to take pics at the wedding, the stupid thing died on me....So unfortunately I have nothing to show for our fun weekend. Bummer! But at least I learned my lesson and it will not happen again (hopefully).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The terrible twos definitely start early and they don't seem to go away! Good luck!

lisset said...

our ethan definitely started his terrible's long before turning two. he has 3 months before he hits his birthday and i've been putting up with tantrums for months! glad your little guy still gives you loves!